Media / Communications Spring Intern - Spring 2021
Media / Communications Interns will learn how to implement print, broadcast, and social media strategies. Interns will learn how to draft media advisories and press releases and how to conduct press conferences. Interns will also, when viable, accompany STOP staff to interviews, respond to breaking news, and also develop STOP long-term media plan.
- Current enrollment in (or recent graduation from) an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and phone skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and major research databases.
- Clear passion for civil rights, privacy, or related technical fields.
- Preferred (not required): relevant coursework and/or prior communications or graphic design work.
- Preferred (not required): minimum availability of 10 hours a week (Fall/Spring Semesters) or 20 hours a week (Summer Semester). Full time placements are always available.