CRA - COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
The Corn Refiners Association (CRA) is the national trade association representing the corn refining industry of the United States. CRA and its predecessors have served this important segment of American agribusiness since 1913. Corn refiners manufacture sweeteners, ethanol, starch, advanced bioproducts, corn oil and feed products from corn components such as starch, oil, protein and fiber.
The U.S. corn refining industry is a key player in international markets due to the abundance and quality of our products. Reflecting the significance of our members’ role in the international markets, CRA provides leadership to the largest actively engaged coalition on U.S. trade policy, which advocates on a variety of leading trade issues.
CRA seeks graduate-level intern to assist with communications activities, media analysis, and document production. CRA values its interns and endeavors to provide a learning experience that advances your career development. Interns are treated as entry level professionals and assist with various projects throughout their time at CRA. Successful applicants will be bright, highly motivated scholars with a strong interest and aptitude for communications and public affairs.
The position will provide direct support to the Communications Manager and CRA policy staff in the areas of:
- implementation of CRA’s communications agenda;
- tracking and monitoring media coverage related to CRA and CRA member company interests;
- drafting and editing of communications and advocacy materials;
- building relationships with the staff of CRA’s strategic partners;
- attend hearings and meetings on behalf of CRA and deliver an analysis of critical issues discussed;
- outreach to the CRA Communications Committee, which is comprised of DC and home-office based representatives of all CRA member companies; and,
- assist the policy staff with various initiatives and special projects.
- Qualified candidates should have or be working towards a graduate degree in a field of study relevant to communications or public affairs.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive assignments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A genuine interest in advocacy communications.
- Experience with public relations and earned media software such as Meltwater, Cision, etc. (preferred).
- Due to COVID-19 this position may be 100% remote. You will need to have personal computer, secure internet connection and landline or cell phone. If remote work is necessary CRA will provide a phone & internet stipend of $100 per month.
- The Internship Program at CRA is a paid position ($20/hr). If you would like to receive credit in addition to or in lieu of wages, please consult with your department head or academic advisor.
- CRA is seeking someone with the availability in the Fall session (August – December) – for a minimum of 25-30 hours a week.
- No benefits are provided.
- Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume, cumulative GPA, writing sample, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “RE: CRA Communications Intern”.
- At least one reference should be a current Professor or Academic Advisor familiar with your academic record. Pre-written letters of recommendation are not accepted. We will contact references directly only for top candidates and only after notifying the intern candidate.
- No phone calls will be accepted.
Corn Refiners Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.