2021 Commercial Real Estate Summer Analyst Program
Please note, if you are interested in applying to our 2021 Commercial Real Estate Summer Program you must apply directly through the JPMC website using the link below. Your application will not be considered if you apply through handshake.
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) group at J.P. Morgan prides itself on leveraging its industry knowledge to offer best in class financial solutions across all major real estate asset types: multifamily, retail, office and industrial properties. We work with national and regional clients across the entire real estate sector, including developers, investors, owners, operating companies, investment funds, real estate investment trusts, and non-profit organizations. Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll provide everything you need to be successful – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
How we’re organized
Summer Analysts in CRE will work with a team of real estate professionals in our real estate businesses to deliver best-in-class financial solutions to help our clients achieve their financial goals. Real estate businesses include:
- Community Development Banking (CDB) – Provides financial solutions that support the growth of affordable housing and revitalization of low-and moderate-income communities across the U.S.
- Commercial Term Lending (CTL) – Provides commercial real estate owners and investors with term financing solutions for purchase or refinancing of stabilized industrial, retail, office, mixed-use and multifamily properties
- Real Estate Banking (REB) – Delivers commercial real estate and banking products to national and regional real estate developers, investors, Real Estate Operating Companies (REOCs), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and opportunity and investment funds
- CRE Treasury Services (CRE TS) – Provides solutions for Real Estate clients to optimize efficiency, streamline processes and reduce the cost of critical treasury management functions including payables, receivables, information management, online banking, card and more
What to expect
Our 10-week CRE Summer Analyst Program begins with one week of orientation and training, giving you key practical and financial knowledge you’ll use throughout the summer. You’ll have opportunities to network with peers, work with colleagues and senior managers, and participate in training opportunities to sharpen your skills.
You will be provided a valuable look into Commercial Real Estate as well as Commercial Banking as a whole. Assignments may include credit and financial analysis, researching industries and markets, preparing presentations, internal memos, pitch materials, and building financial models.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, you may receive an offer to join our 2.5 year, full-time CRE Analyst rotational program. The program includes targeted Commercial Real Estate training paired with exposure to Sales/Originations, Credit, Portfolio Management, and Treasury within the aforementioned real estate businesses. The program provides Analysts with the ability to develop a strong foundation of analytical skills across a range of asset classes needed for a successful career in Commercial Real Estate.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working on financial models to support financing transactions
- Assisting in the completion of credit approval memos
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings covering topics such as financing alternatives and industry trends & analysis
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings
We are looking for individuals who have an interest in real estate and a desire to work with team members to build client relationships and provide exceptional client service. You’ll also have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Coursework in real estate, finance, accounting or economics a plus
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
Locations we hire for:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New York
You will be given the opportunity to select up to three location preferences on your application. Potential placement could include any of our offices within the city’s metropolitan area.
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.