2021 Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries Summer Analyst Program
Please note, if you are interested in applying to the 2021 Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries Summer Analyst Program you must apply directly through the JPMC website using the link below. Your application will not be considered if you apply through handshake.
The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries group focuses on companies with revenues of over $500mm which require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products. We cover this client segment in a truly unique way – through a partnership between our corporate bankers and investment bankers who together build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions. Our corporate bankers provide commercial banking products, structure loan facilities and provide treasury solutions for our clients. The investment bankers bring strategic ideas to clients, which are executed with investment banking products. This hybrid approach brings together integrated financial services ranging from cash management to raising capital, working closely with Investment Banking, Corporate Derivatives Marketing, Treasury Services and Asset and Wealth Management, among others, and allows us to provide tailored corporate finance solutions to our clients.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll provide everything you need to be successful – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
How we’re organized
CCBSI is organized into four diversified, regional businesses (Northeast, Midwest, South and West) and six industry-focused businesses (Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Energy, Technology, Entertainment, Healthcare and Real Estate). Diversified teams cover clients across a breadth of industries including, but not limited to, retail, consumer, business services, transportation and manufacturing.
Summer Analysts in our regional and industry groups will work with CCBSI Bankers and Product Partners (including regional Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Investment Banking, Credit and Treasury Services) who cover a variety of industries to provide a range of financing solutions and strategic advisory.
What to expect
Our 10-week program kicks off with five days of orientation and training in Plano, TX, giving you key technical and practical knowledge you’ll use throughout the summer. Our program will provide you with an introduction to corporate finance and credit analysis and allow you to develop the necessary skillset to become a successful Full-time Analyst.
You will also have the opportunity to hear from and network with senior leaders and spend time with peers from programs across the bank at philanthropic and group events.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, you may receive an offer of full-time employment.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working alongside Bankers and Product Partners to execute transactions from initial pitch phase through marketing to close
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings (covering topics such as financing alternatives, working capital optimization and industry analysis)
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings
We are looking for individuals with the intellectual curiosity and drive to contribute to the development and execution of comprehensive banking solutions for our clients.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Coursework in finance, accounting or economics a plus
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Graduating December 2021 - May 2022 from all majors
- Preferred 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale
CCBSI sub-groups that we hire for:
- Diversified – Midwest, Location: Chicago
- Diversified – Northeast, Location: New York
- Diversified – South, Location: Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston
- Diversified – West, Location: Los Angeles
- Energy, Location: Houston
- Financial Institutions Group, Location: New York
- Technology, Location: New York or San Francisco
- Real Estate, Location: New York
- Entertainment Industries Group, Location: Los Angeles
- Healthcare, Location: Los Angeles or San Francisco
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.