RF Maintenance Engineer - Fox Technology
We are looking for RF Maintenance Engineers who build and maintain cutting-edge compression and distribution platforms for one of the premier national broadcasters. At FOX, you will have full permission to bring your best tech game to invent and build technology that delivers a high-quality viewer experience to millions across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships.
The way we consume media has fundamentally changed. We watch on our laptops, phones, tablets, and TV. We stream, record, and binge. Who knows what we’ll do next? You do – because you help build the technology to realize it!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a member of the RF Broadcast Maintenance Team. This position has Broadcast Maintenance responsibilities with the addition of job functions such as mastery of compression systems, writing systems documentation, training of others, ability to work independently, managing projects, and improving existing systems.
- The position also provides engineering liaison with interdepartmental personnel in order to ascertain technical support requirements. This position plays a critical role by ensuring that online operational systems documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Installs complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards
- Troubleshoots and repairs broadcast equipment to the board and component level
- Ability to read schematics, follow manufacturers repair manuals and use digital and analog test equipment
- Performs regular tests to ensure optimum performance
- Writes and maintains technical documentation in reference to equipment installation and operation.
- Lead projects assigned by management
- Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends
- Thorough knowledge of SDI video systems
- Experienced in satellite and fiber transmission & receiving systems
- Understanding of all aspects of Standard & High Definition television
- Understanding of MPEG, JPEG and other New Media applications
- Understanding of electronic, electrical, computer and mechanical systems
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills are required
- IP and networking experience, CCNA, CCDP, or CCIE certifications
- Experience maintaining High Power Amplifiers
- Experience in satellite communications
- Programming and repair of HT and mobile radios
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Completion of a college or technical school. Bachelors’ degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or experience preferred.
- Seven (7) years of experience as a technician in broadcast or network broadcasting operations or equivalent military experience
- SBE certification preferred
- FCC license preferred
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds
- You care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have an entrepreneur's spirit and enjoy problem-solving
- You LOVE getting stuff done, not just talking about it!