PeopleFirst Program Manager
Alpine Investors is a private equity firm based in San Francisco, CA that specializes in making control investments in high-growth middle-market companies in the software, online/ecommerce and business services industries, generally up to $40m of EBITDA. Alpine Investors was founded by Graham Weaver (MBA, 1999), and has 8 other Stanford business school alumni in its ranks.
At Alpine, we invest in exceptional people to create exceptional businesses. We believe that inspiring growth in people is the best way to build enduring businesses. That’s why our PeopleFirst™ philosophy guides everything we do. We work with, learn from, and develop exceptional people, to create a virtuous cycle of financial and operational wins that, in turn, contribute to greater personal fulfillment. Our ultimate goal? Climb higher, smarter, and faster to create a world where people and businesses both thrive. Since its inception in 2001, the firm has had over $2 billion of committed capital and has invested in over 100 companies. Alpine’s team includes 50+ professionals with diverse investing, operations, management, and finance backgrounds. Please visit www.alpineinvestors.com for more information.
As the PeopleFirst program manager, you’ll help scale the “secret sauce” of Alpine Investors’ Playbook -- the PeopleFirst Leadership Program. You’ll be empowered to own the day-to-day management of a fast-growing leadership and culture organization, poised to change the lives of thousands of people across our portfolio. Working directly with the Head of PeopleFirst and other senior leaders, you’ll leverage tactical program management and a commitment to client success to prove this first of a kind ‘culture as a service’ enables companies to achieve superior financial returns by putting people first.
What You’ll Do
As the PeopleFirst Program Manager, you’ll own the day-to-day operations of the PeopleFirst Leadership Program, bringing this transformational experience to life for thousands of people by:
Driving the full operational lifecycle of our coaching program.
- Present live orientation meetings with clients and coaches to introduce them to the program, and ensure they’re set up for success throughout the journey.
- Administering leadership development tools, including facilitating 360-feedback, to provide guidance and motivate clients’ growth through coaching.
- Communicate clearly and consistently to all stakeholders to ensure they’re informed and able to engage productively with the program.
Owning the business administration of our leadership and coaching programs.
- Execute contracts and statements of work to maintain our organization’s P&L.
- Forecast coach and facilitator capacity, and own updates to program P&L.
- Manage the program database and oversee processes in order to execute the coaching and leadership programs efficiently and effectively.
- Support logistics for leadership programs in the field, partnering with facilitators to ensure consistent, impactful experiences.
Driving client and coach engagement and satisfaction.
- Generate unprecedented growth by designing new product offerings, creating targeted marketing, and providing exceptional client support.
- Design and administer feedback surveys and facilitate touchpoints to identify opportunities for improvement and collect company KPIs, including retention and employee NPS.
- Execute strategic data analyses on program KPIs to uncover program ROI via impact on metrics such as EBITDA, revenue growth, and employee engagement.
Supporting additional strategic initiatives, including:
- Help set the vision and direction of the PeopleFirst program by contributing ideas and participating in strategy discussions.
- Learn facilitation skills and assist with workshops as needed for members of the PeopleFirst team.
- Refine the Leadership Program facilitation and educational materials to up-level our program offerings and help inform and engage clients and facilitators.
- Travel as needed (up to 25% time) to portfolio companies to support facilitation of relevant meetings and workshops on-site with portfolio company executives.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated passion for coaching, leadership and organizational development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including with senior executives.
- Strong attention to detail, and aptitude for improving and executing complex processes.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a bias towards action and consistent ability to meet deadlines.
- Desire to learn and grow in this role, with a hunger for personal and professional development.
- Community and service-oriented mindset.
- 1-2+ years owning operations and driving development of a product or program, OR
- 1-2+ years in a client-facing role, preferably in consulting, customer success or sales.
- Successful analysis and presentation of data-driven recommendations to senior leaders.
- Demonstrated business acumen, and current knowledge of industry and organizational trends.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Bonus: experience with coaching, Co-Active coaching methodologies, leadership development or training.
This role will be based in San Francisco, CA. Alpine Investors is currently working from home via Zoom / email / phone calls for as long as the San Francisco Bay Area has a Shelter in Place mandate. Alpine Investors is an equal opportunity employer.