We are looking for a TechOps Manager to join our team in Tempe, AZ, who will manage technical operations around media services and distribution, as well as enterprise technologies. Responsible for ensuring up-time and reliability of various technical services, adoption of practices and standards that improve predictability and further operational excellence, and the timely delivery of media assets.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and reliable distribution of production media content to customers using available file transfer acceleration technologies
- Responsible for the operational integrity and integrations of various enterprise technologies, software, on-premise and cloud services, and processes leveraged for media management and distribution
- Responsible for operationalizing new technologies, systems, and services for media management and distribution through automated processes, defined standard operating procedures (SOP), as well as stability, performance, and load monitoring, alerting and analysis
- Responsible for developing and measuring operational quality metrics to drive and maintain rigor and accountability
- Responsible for documenting operational best practices, processes, and procedures
- Responsible for communicating issues and resolutions to other technical teams and executives
- Responding to and remediating service degradation and unplanned service outages to minimize disruption to customers and business impact, liaising directly with L1 application and infrastructure support and NOC teams
- Responsible for building and leveraging relationships with FOX Corp’s Media Engineering, Cloud Engineering, and Media Services DevOps teams to build, maintain, and if required, expand services for media management and distribution
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical operations experience in the Media or Broadcast industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT, systems engineering, broadcast engineering, or related field
- Advance demonstrated experience with DevOps practices, TCP/IP networking, compute and storage administration, etc.
- Advance demonstrated experience with media management and distribution using technologies such as Aspera, Signiant, or similar transfer accelerators
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.