We are looking for a UX Designer to support the team in a Agile/Scrum software development lifecycle for the development of applications running in a fully automated DevOps, Cloud, and Micro Services based environment. Work with our business partners to identify requirements and architecture and implement scalable, open solutions using Cloud Native technologies. These applications are primarily on Java and NodeJS technology stacks. Coordinate and participate in requirements gathering, research of scalable analytic techniques, team collaboration, software development, software documentation, and technology roadmaps. The ideal candidate not only knows how to write code, but also identify and solve problems relating to scale, security, and analytics. This position requires a deep technical understanding of software development best practices, coding standards and governance.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the UX application team to estimate complexity and advise about the feasibility of tasks and features.
- Create technical specifications based on functional requirements.
- Build out features in a cross-functional, agile environment where all functions are involved in various levels throughout the feature creation and ideation process.
- Perform basic support and debugging in test and production environments.
- Maintain and repair existing applications.
- Act as a key contributor in an agile sprint team, performing sprints on new and existing applications.
- Identify and escalate problems.
- Develop highly secure, public facing applications with performance and security as a priority.
- Develop scalable and efficient ReactJS applications, utilizing reusable and readable components.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience with Web application development, including JSON, HTML, AJAX, CSS, SASS/LESS, and ReactJS.
- Experience working in Digital Media based environments a plus.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) exposure and understanding.
- Sound knowledge of RESTful API Principles.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in designing and developing large, scalable and complex apps.
- Ability to develop and maintain high-quality applications using React, Redux, and Redux-Observables.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Experience working with junior developers and peer programming techniques such as XP, Peer Programming and others.
- Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Available to work flexible hours based on requirements and needs.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of software development experience and 3+ years with ReactJS programming
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.