Vice President, Distribution Engineering & Architecture
We are looking for a Vice President, Distribution Engineering & Architecture who will be responsible for the ingest, processing, and distribution of all networks wholly or partially owned by Fox Corporation. This includes the FOX Broadcast network and numerous 24/7 cable networks and Big Ten Network. M&B is a 24/7 mission critical operation which supports business units in three main locations – Tempe AZ, Los Angeles CA and New York, NY.
This role provides the following: support to the Operations team in addressing and solving distribution issues that require detailed technical troubleshooting; support to other engineering groups related to all aspects of distribution engineering from compression through to end user devices, for satellite-delivered broadcast feeds, for cable feeds as well as new/emerging OTT/TVE streams; support in the design of future distribution architectures; contribution to standards entities in support of emerging broadcast and streaming standards; testing hardware and software in a technology lab environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to Operations and other groups to internally troubleshoot issues in the distribution chain.
- Provide input in the design and rollout of new distribution architectures for broadcast, cable and streaming
- Next generation OTT, TVE, 5G and IPTV metadata standards
- work on next generation of SCTE 224 standard
- support Business Development and Operations teams for new launches
- Travel is required, attending meetings and industry conferences
- Additional projects as requested by team.
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives through trade publications, webinars and other sources.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years direct experience at a broadcast affiliate or large MVPD;
- knowledge of automation systems, MPEG encoding/multiplexing, satellite transmission, STB design, streaming technologies, SCTE 35 and 224 standards at a practical level.
- Hands on experience with test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers etc.
- Knowledge of cloud computing a plus.
- MS Word/Excel/Outlook/Coding/Linux/MacOS/test tools like WireShark.
- Position requires in-depth engineering knowledge of Cable, Telco, DBS and Broadcast distribution architectures. Ability to troubleshoot and identify potential technical issues throughout the distribution architecture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.