HCOHSEM Communications Intern
The Communications Intern will assist with a range of projects and tasks including:
• Compiling news clips.
• Updating contact lists and engaging with partners/media
• Assisting with social media posts and monitoring
• Writing and editing news releases and various HCOHSEM materials
• Supporting press conferences, special events, tours
• Assist with outreach events in the community
Basic Requirements for an Internship:
• Must have completed at least 2 years of college
• Must be studying a related field, including but not limited to: journalism, communications, political science, public administration, public policy, homeland security emergency management, etc.
• Must commit to minimum 20 hours per week, during normal working hours
• Must maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job
Special Skills Needed:
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Research and analysis skills
• Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Must be able to work independently and on a team.
The Internship Program runs throughout the year:
• Spring (January to May); submit applications by October
• Summer (June to August); submit applications by February
• Fall (September to December); submit applications by June
How to Apply:
Interested undergraduate or graduate students should email cover letter, resume and writing sample to Mrs. Hallie Frazee at email@example.com. The letter should indicate the student’s current year in college or graduate school, an explanation of the student’s interest in an internship with HCOHSEM, the semester he/she would like to work and number of hours he/she can commit to the internship.