Management Trainee, Operations - Dalton, GA
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Ability to relocate within the states of Georgia or Florida is REQUIRED after training is completed. Company paid relocation assistance provided. Please note: This is a management trainee role. If hired, you will be in this hourly, non-exempt position for approximately 6 to 7 months with the expectation that you will relocate with a promotion (and generous salary increase) to an open Assistant Manager position. In addition, you will be required to travel to our Pinellas Park, FL and/or Las Vegas, NV training sites for approximately 5 weeks, typically 1-3 weeks at a time while in the training program.
All candidates must be open to relocation (a company relocation program is included). You are encouraged to begin considering openings approximately 6 months after starting your training. Once training has been completed, travel will likely be required until an Assistant Manager position has been obtained.
1. Collaborate with Center Management to ensure the day-to-day activities of Center operations are compliant with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and applicable federal and local regulations.
2. Learn and understand all Center financial responsibilities including annual budgets and monthly financial analysis. Collaborate with Center Management in collecting and analyzing KPI’s to support continuous improvement and meet Center established production goals. Learn to collect and analyze data to maintain and improve Center quality, efficiency and profitability.
3. Assist Center Management in ensuring Center is “inspection ready” at all times and customer requirements meet the safety of donors and employees including compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
4. Learn and understand Company SOP’s and applicable federal and local regulations, develop capabilities in performing nearly all staff tasks and duties at a proficiency level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties.
5. Develop skills to manage Center staff, including assisting Center Management with recruiting of staff, interviewing and selection of staff, and training of staff. Participate as witness when Center Management delivers staff counseling, including corrective actions and terminations, 45/90 day reviews and year-end performance appraisals.
6. Work with Management to understand efficient donor flow throughout the Center, identify problem areas, and advise Management of ER issues or escalated donor issues.
7. Maintain a clean, efficient work environment. Learn inventory requirements; occasionally walk through facility to ensure operating supplies and inventory are available.
8. Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
9. Familiarize with all marketing and advertising to ensure programs effectively deliver desired results. Make recommendations to Center Management as needed to improve effectiveness.
10. Develop excellent customer service skills. Provide a model of good customer service to employees. Communicate openly to customers. Learn to effectively resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and professional work experience required
- Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
- Exposure to human source products and various chemicals including isopropyl, ethyl alcohol, carbon dioxide, iodine, bleach, germicide solution, etc.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work with the public who may be occasionally dissatisfied
- Attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal directions required
- Frequently required to make and accept modifications to working processes and procedures as directed by SOP
- Overnight travel required up to 10% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.