Operations Engineer (International)
As an Operations Engineer for Seven Seas Water based in one of our global plants, your principal responsibility is to ensure the efficient operations of the sea water reverse osmosis water treatment plants. You will directly support the local Plant Manager in leading the local Operations staff and interacting as required with clients. Candidates will also work cross-functionally with Engineering/Project Management, Field Services and Business Development teams to facilitate further growth of the business. Maximizing plant up-time, driving efficiency, and maintaining a safe work environment are essential components of the role. Detailed duties, responsibilities and qualifications are listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Make Engineering/Operations recommendations for system improvements to management. Work with local operators in execution of maintenance and operations activities for plant(s)
- Work with Operations Manager to prepare budgetary estimates for annual operating costs
- Indirect leadership of local plant operators
- Ensure effective communication with Operations Support & Field Engineering teams, Design/Engineering, and business leadership
- Ensure all preventive maintenance programs are completed on time and documented
- Provide ongoing training to operators on system operation and maintenance
- Provide documentation of plant condition, operations data and accurate/timely field reports
- Understand drawings including mechanical piping, P&ID's, electrical and general equipment
- Create a safe work environment and maintain clean site appearance
- Review/recommend/implement/maintain Environmental Health and Safety initiatives
- Maintain education through manufacturer coursework/reading manuals on the process and equipment, preventive maintenance, rebuilding, repairing or replacement techniques and assist in standardization and roll-out of maintenance philosophy and techniques to operators
- Responsibility for scheduling and performing membrane cleanings
- Reviewing data to maintain production quality and quantity
- Serve as liaison with Engineering on process issues for all operations
- Must pass background check required for a local country work permit - applicants must be able to obtain a work permit as well as pass a security check for the property on which the plant is located. The Company will pay for all and facilitate the process for obtaining your work permit and any required background checks.
- This role requires incumbents to live in St. Maarten or St. Croix US Virgin Islands. Relocation of household goods, temporary housing, and on-site transportation are provided by the Company along with airfare to your new location. Compensation is base plus annual discretionary bonus.
Preference given to candidates who have previously worked in refineries or other similar plant environments. This type of exposure to plant operations and safety procedures is highly relevant to working in our operations.
Our company website is www.sevenseaswater.com. Seven Seas Water is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is valued.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.