Applied Research Engineer (Internship or Permanent)
As an Applied Research Engineer focused on Machine Learning, you will be responsible for leading our research initiatives to apply ML techniques for our government and commercial projects. This position will focus on the design and delivery of Machine Learning systems for Remote Sensing applications. Must be able to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance.
· Work directly with the senior leadership to prototype and productize ML based features.
· Leverage and combine data across different types of sensors to create novel learning techniques and applications.
· Write and maintain high quality, stable, and easily testable code.
· Experience in Python including libraries such as NumPy, Tensorflow, and Scikit-learn
· Experience training and applying CNNs with various types of datasets
· Experience utilizing a GPU for CNN training using CUDA
· Background in Computer Vision or Machine Learning
· Experience with Python
· Desire to work with intelligent, ambitious, and humble individuals in a fast-paced, invention-driven, startup environment
· Detail oriented self-starter who can function independently
· Good communications skills, with the ability to develop, document, and maintain processes, methods and tools
· Coursework in Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and what we’re building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained effort. We’ve combined advanced sensor expertise, industry expertise, amazing engineers, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to focus on solving “impossible” problems. But this passion doesn’t mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity of ideas and perspectives.