Art Gallery Internship - Summer 2020
The Art Education is a program offered by the Arc of the Capital Area. We run an art studio and gallery where people with intellectual disabilities spend time each day creating artwork together. We are looking for a motivated and creative gallery intern who is available 15-20 hours a week during the summer of 2020. This is an unpaid internship.
- Assist in the Art Gallery hanging art, making sales and providing customer service.
- Prepare for art events. Duties include inventorying artwork into the computer, arranging and hanging paintings, and organizing merchandise.
- Update and maintain social networking sites for the art studio/gallery.
- Assist Director of Art and Education with a variety of tasks.
- Attend art shows held at the studio/gallery.
Skills and Experience
- Experience or interest in Art
- Experience or desire to work with people with development and intellectual disabilities.
- Preferably a student studying Human Development, Art, Art Education, Social Work or a related field.
- Computer skills: Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.