Art Studio Internship - Summer 2020
The Art Education Program is offered by the Arc of the Capital Area. We run an art studio and gallery where people with intellectual disabilities spend time each day creating artwork together. We are looking for 2 motivated and creative art interns who are available between 8:30am-2pm, 15-20 hours a week during the summer of 2020. Flexibility discussed upon request. This is an unpaid internship.
- Work with clients one on one, assisting them with their artwork.
- Assist Art Instructors in creating and assessing art curriculum.
- Assist in implementation of lessons.
- Assist Director of Art and Education with administrative tasks and others as needed.
- Attend art shows held at the studio/gallery.
Skills and Experience
- Experience or interest in Art.
- Experience or desire to work with people with development and intellectual disabilities.
- Preferably a student studying Human Development, Art, Art Education, Social Work or a related field.
- Computer skills: Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.