Goldman Sachs Early Careers | Project Management| New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Successful projects are the result of careful planning, effective stakeholder management, transparency and coordinated delivery. As our firm diversifies its business mix and strives to achieve greater operating efficiencies, managing large-scale initiatives and projects is critical.
Strong project managers embody excellent judgment, identify risks or issues early and are able to manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities. Importantly, they are results driven and have a proven track record of execution against deliverables.
Divisions and Job Functions
Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
- Capital Market Operations acts as the front-line of the division to enable all of the firm’s businesses and supports the life cycle of a trade by partnering with clients and other divisions to mitigate risk and provide excellent client service.
- Operations Design professionals plan and execute change programs and create new financial operations capabilities to drive efficiency, improve client service levels, and reduce our operational risk.
Management & Strategy Teams sit across all divisions of the firm and drive the operational, risk and financial strategy for their division. Teams work closely with leadership to develop, execute, and refine the vision and strategy for the business - including areas such as delivering best-in-class market share, profitability and return profiles across businesses, regions, and product lines. Individuals at all levels in the team take ownership for strategic initiatives and financial analyses. Teams are composed of individuals with backgrounds across consulting, financial modelling, accounting, risk management, technology & engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment