Goldman Sachs Early Careers | Sales | Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Through our global sales team, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis. Our sales colleagues are responsible for new business development, prospecting and helping clients navigate markets to support their investment goals.
Divisions and Job Functions
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations.
- Private Wealth Management advisors assist clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services
- GS Family Office (GSFO) works in coordination with Private Wealth Advisors to develop strong ties with clients to deliver a full suite of family office services. GSFO is in search of professionals to develop innovative wealth planning strategies and provide family office services to assist clients in meeting their income tax, estate tax, philanthropic and financial planning goals.
- Private Bank a business unit of PWM that offers a range of lending and cash management services to high-net worth clients. The business provides customized and tailored liquidity strategies to PWM clients across the globe. The Private Bank also manages the GS Select digital lending program, which offers loan products to clients of third-party institutions through an advanced desktop technology platform.
- Market Solutions Group (MSG) offers customized advisory, structuring, and execution services across asset classes to high net worth individuals, family offices and select institutions. With investment specialists actively engaged in public and private markets globally, MSG provides strategic and tactical advice spanning global capital markets including equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities, and interest rates. MSG offers separately managed accounts including equity derivatives and structured investment strategies for client portfolios. MSG also provides capital markets experience and access to unique investment opportunities to clients
Americas Client Business (ACB), within Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), is responsible for building relationships, driving sales and servicing our clients, which include corporate and public pensions, foundations and endowments, insurance companies, corporate treasuries and a variety of financial intermediaries. ACB delivers a broad spectrum of investment solutions, including money markets, fixed income, equities and alternatives. Some of the critical functions that sales-oriented analysts should expect to contribute to are developing new business opportunities, refining distribution strategy and managing existing client relationships. ACB also has teams dedicated to client strategy, advisory solutions and product development initiatives, where quantitative skills are more heavily leveraged.
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Series licensing required for majority of sales roles (must be obtained within three months of employment)
- Sales experience preferred