Goldman Sachs Early Careers | Product Management and Marketing | New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Whether it is developing product roadmaps or creating compelling content, colleagues that focus on product management and marketing drive the development, launch, and continuous promotion of our products and offerings. Through their work, they act as consultative partners to our businesses, evaluate products and develop strategic communication plans targeted to audiences.
Product management and marketing teams across the firm operate with creative and strategic thinking, and excellent writing and project management skills.
Divisions and Job Functions
Consumer externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money. Example teams seeking product management and/or marketing skills:
- Acquisition Marketing develops campaigns across all digital channels and analyzes performance of campaigns for optimization
- Customer Marketing & Engagement team is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, on-time payments, retention, and growth through omni-channel customer marketing campaigns and partnering across the organization to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Product Management defines and executes product strategy roadmap for Consumer business
Merchant Banking Alternatives Capital Markets and Strategy Group is accountable for driving institutional capital markets, capital raising, and client strategy for alternative investments throughout Goldman Sachs. Focused on enhancing how we serve our investing clients, this group leads the coordination and expansion of the firm’s engagements in alternatives, across both direct investing strategies and open-architecture strategies. The group also collaborates with the firm’s investment teams to design alternative investment products and manage strategic partnerships. Working together with our institutional client relationship teams around the world, the group helps to centrally organize portfolio solutions and provide market insights and thought leadership to enhance our client interactions, communications and branding initiatives in alternative investments.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Product Teams are responsible for managing client interactions across the investment businesses. These responsibilities include identifying and researching prospective investors, analyzing the role of investments in a client’s portfolio, and working with clients and the investment teams to develop unique solutions. Analysts support the team’s client interactions through the development and production of marketing materials, analysis and review of client portfolios, collection and analysis of relevant market data, as well as participation in strategic initiatives.
Divisional Brand and Content Strategy Teams develop and implement global marketing campaigns and strategic initiatives that drive sales, client retention, and/or brand, inclusive of media and internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; investment acumen required for some roles
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact
- Candidates should be comfortable developing relationships throughout the firm and building networks within the division as well as with other divisions
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically, and operationally with a commercial mindset
- Ability to understand, dissect and analyze data to drive decisions and/or make recommendations
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong communicator who can effectively gain alignment up, down and across teams
- Strong project-management skills
- Expertise in project plan management, strong understanding of key performance metrics and drivers
- Exposure to the launch and management of products
- Product strategy experience preferred for Consumer roles
- Experience or awareness of AGILE methodology considered a plus for Consumer roles