Goldman Sachs Early Careers | Data Development, Governance, and Analytics | Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Data is fundamental to making informed business and people decisions. Dedicated teams focus on data development, governance and analytics to ensure our firm manages all aspects of the data cycle – from building and controlling to maintaining and delivering large data sets – in the most effective and efficient way. Data teams across the firm embody a keen attention to detail and quantitative discipline.
Divisions and Job Functions
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about money
- Business Controls supports all of the Marcus US Deposits Risk Management and Control Functions, interfacing with other functions, supporting the business. The team plays a vital role in managing first line of defense, operational risk and business controls.
- Collection supports the design, delivery, and manages our loss mitigation operations strategy and operations within the Consumer Digital Finance team
- Workforce Management (WFM) is a specialist team ensuring adequate coverage for the business operation, by partnering with business stakeholders and operation management team to resolve critical workforce management gaps and continue to polish the policy.
Risk aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate and manage the firm’s financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm’s strategic plan. Operating in a fast changing environment and utilizing the best in class risk framework, Risk teams are analytically curious, have an aptitude for challenges and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Risk Governance
- Operational Risk
Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
- Data Science & Engineering professionals develop cutting edge analytical tools and engineer solutions to address operational challenges.
- Professionals in Financial Analytics & Reporting create financial models and manage the division’s metrics to enable informed business decisions and improve the economics of our business.
Reporting and Metrics, within our Human Capital Management Division, extracts value from people data to provide information and insights that are actionable and can be leveraged in decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Investment acumen
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Demonstrated skills, ideally in a programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, or SQL
- Ability to create new ways to improve current processes and develop solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value