Video Production Intern (Course Credit Internship Only)
The Public Utility Commission of Texas is looking for visionary creatives with a sharp eye, deft video skills and a desire to build an even stronger portfolio. As an intern, you will ise our professional video suite to plan, shoot and edit employee profiles, explainer videos and other ideas you might have to tell our story.
Essential functions of the internship include:
• Assist in video production strategy and scheduling to reach key constituencies.
• Plan video shoots with details ranging from venues to staffing.
• Draft scripts including voiceovers for narrative cohesion.
• Compose rudimentary storyboards as needed.
• Shoot video (also managing lighting and sound) in support of essential agency stories.
• Edit video using Adobe Premiere and participate in revision process.
• Format final video for publication via platforms including Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Maintain agency’s video production suite including camera, lights, wireless microphones, editing workstation and associated equipment.
• Create people-driven content for agency’s internal site.
• Enhance presentation graphics including PowerPoint presentations.
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for communications.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited university studying Public Relations, RTF, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or English.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of video production.
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of writing for education and training.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Knowledge of computer-based word processing and editing programs (Adobe Premiere.)
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, with editing skills.
• Ability to interpret written information and situations and make recommendations in accordance with applicable policies, regulations and guidelines.
• Ability to attend work regularly and adhere to approved work schedule.