Kharon is a highly disruptive and incredibly innovative organization that navigates risk at the intersection of global security threats + international commerce.
What does that mean? Great question.
We take really complex data as it relates to global security and empower our clients to not only understand the risk associated with their potential business relationships, but to operationalize that data so that they can make the best and most informed decisions possible. From financial crimes and sanctions to export controls and threat identifications, our tools optimize protection against the types of security threats that could otherwise be incredibly dangerous and excessively costly to any business. Serving many of today’s leading global financial and multinational institutions, Kharon products are the most powerful in the space with a precision and depth that is absolutely unparalleled. Full stop.
When you look at any major global crisis event, we’re providing information that’s at the heart of those circumstances. We connect the dots in a way that’s meaningful. This year in particular, we’re experiencing unprecedented growth. The impact of recent global events, especially, has resulted in heightened demand for our products and services, which is why we’re looking for our next Research Analyst to join the team.
If you have experience or education related to business intelligence research, conflict and illicit finance analysis, banking sector risk management and compliance, or other national security-related matters, then this will be right up your alley! Reporting to the Directors of Research with dotted-line leadership from the EVP of Research, the core of this position is dedicated to conducting open-source research on a variety of foreign affairs and national security issues. More specifically, you will be researching, analyzing, and interpreting data as it relates to sanctions, export controls, and criminal/illicit networks.
Driven by your resourcefulness, creativity, and critical thinking skills, you will be responsible for the diligent pursuit of data as it relates to ever-evolving market demand and our client inquiries. Working collaboratively with the Associate Directors and Directors, you will contribute to the development of new datasets and update existing ones, identifying and utilizing new data sources and developing subject matter expertise on the various strategic topics aforementioned. Leveraging your sound analytical approach and research techniques, you will identify data typologies and conduct risk-relevant research that contributes to the health of our data intelligence and overall platform.
To better break this position down, we’ve included bullet points below that highlight the position itself, the requirements for success, and some preferred skills that would put you at the top of our list.
- Develop subject matter expertise on strategic topics
- Identify and utilize new data and sources of information
- Regularly contribute to the development of new datasets or updates to existing data
- Monitor developments on sanctions issues, regulatory environments, and updates to existing research
- Identify risk-relevant research and data typologies
- Demonstrate sound analytical approaches and research techniques
- Leverage reliable and credible sources
- Demonstrate creativity, resourcefulness, and innovation
- Collaborate with others respectfully
- Maintain a high ethical standard in dealing with colleagues and managers
- Respect cultural and individual differences of others
If you have reading proficiency in key languages including Russian, Chinese (Mandarin), Persian (Farsi), Arabic, and Spanish, that’s a major plus!
So, that’s the role, and for the right person, this will be the perfect kind of challenge. Our mission is compelling, our product is powerful, and we’re growing at a rate that makes us unstoppable. If you’re looking to be surrounded by people who will inspire you to think and challenge you to grow, then look no further! Our team is made up of some of the most visionary and uncompromising individuals you will ever meet. We don’t take ourselves seriously, but we’re serious about the work we do, and there is absolutely no slowing us down!
To keep that momentum going, we do our very best to make sure that each and every team member is completely taken care of. We’re nothing without our people, so we provide benefits and perks that reflect that, from generous time off and fully paid medical plans to daily catered lunches and full-loaded break rooms. You can count on…
- All the equipment you need to be successful in your role
- Hybrid environments with HQ in LA and hubs in DC, NY, and London
- Premium medical benefits that are 100% paid for with an option to elect for Vision and Dental
- 401(k) plan that you can enroll in with no waiting period
- Paid time off + 11 paid holidays